FirePE is an engineering consulting firm, which provides full fire protection engineering services and code consultations for architects, designers and property owners. We implement clients' requirements, applicable code/standard provisions, and fire protection engineering with acceptable industry practices. We tailor the aspects of fire protection engineering to meet the clients' specific needs.
Our technical staffs serve several technical committees of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and participate in the development of codes/standards.
- NFPA 13 Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 24 Private Fire Service Mains
- NFPA 92A Smoke-Control Systems
- NFPA 92B Smoke Management Systems in Malls, Atria, Large Spaces
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- NFPA 204 Smoke and Heat Venting
- NFPA 291 Fire Flow Testing and Marking Of Hydrants
- NFPA 5000 Building Construction and Safety Code
- Fire Protection Engineering Licensing Committee – PE examination with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
Some Publications Include:
- Performance-Based Smoke Control Design for Small Atria, “Building Safety Journal”, October 2003, the International Code Council.
- Radiant Ignition of Upholstered Furniture. “In Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineered Fire Protection Design”, 2001. Society of Fire Protection Engineers.
Our technical staffs have worked in municipal governments so we understand special needs of building/fire departments when extra help is needed. Prescriptive code requirements may not be feasible to your projects for various reasons, such as costs prohibitive, site limitation, or undesirable building features, etc. We can always provide you alternative acceptable solutions equivalent to or exceeding the fire/life safety level of prescriptive requirements, which are also cost-effective and user-friendly.
We look forward to helping you to meet your fire protection and life safety objectives not only quickly, safely and conveniently, but with your company's increased profitability in mind.